We Love Food!

This blog is my family's online cook-book, where we can share our favorite recipes with each other. There's not a ton on recipes on here just yet - but I can guarantee, they are all 100% delicious!

Sep 2, 2011

Wheat Thins Parmesan Chicken

This is a recipe I learned from my friend Jen. It's absolutely delicious! I included the orginial recipe as well as Jen's adjustments at the end of this post. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
2 Tbl Margarine
½ cup grated parmesan
½ cup Basil & Parmesan Wheat Thins (or dried bread crumbs)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 15X10X1 pan with non-stick spray. Combine all ingredients in pie plate or other container easy to dip chicken into. Dip chicken in melted margarine first and then into bread crumb mixture. Place chick in single layer in pan. Bake 25 min or until tender.


Jen's adjustments (in her own words):

"I have never used the margarine. I save calories by either dipping in egg whites or dipping in nothing before putting into bread crumbs. Also, I loved substituting bread crumbs for crushed basil and parmesan wheat thins. I put the crackers in a gallon zip lock bag and roll over with rolling pin. Then I can toss the chicken in the closed bag with crumbs. At 20 min I check the chicken and if it is almost done. I put in a 9X13 pan and check at 20min. At 20min if the chicken is almost completely done top with a small can of tomato sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese melted."



1 comment:

Packard Adventures said...

Wow, okay this sounds awesome! Im making it for dinner tomorrow! What would be a good side dish?